If you already have a Government Gateway login please follow the steps below to claim your property/properties and appoint CPA as your Agent.
If you do not already have a Government Gateway account you will need to register, once you have registered you can then go on to claim your property/properties and appoint CPA as your Agent.
Please have a copy of your business rates bill saved to your computer. (This can just be a photo of your bill).
1. Sign into your Government gateway account.
2. In a new tab, open "find my property"
3. Check you are signed in, by looking at the top right of the screen.
4. Look up your property by filling in your postcode and clicking 'search', scroll down the list till you find yours and then click "claim this property".
It may ask you to verify your ID, don't be alarmed. (Please enter the verification details required, this. It is just a random security check. Once you add in your details, under "company email address" there then should be a tick box saying "register as an agent" please leave this unticked and carry on. )
5. Please then follow the onscreen prompts and complete, please see example below this may vary depending on if you lease or own your property. If you have more than one property click on 'add another property' at the end of the form.
6. Once you have claimed your property/properties click on 'Manage properties' there you will be able to view all the properties you have claimed.
7. If all properties are added please then click on"Home", (located on the right hand side top of the screen next to your account name).
8. It should look similar to the below image. However, ours is slightly different as we are an agent.
9. In the bottom left hand corner you will see the 'Your Agents' box. Click on 'Appoint an agent to deal with the VOA on your behalf'
10. It will then bring you to the screen below, please add in our agent code 77023.
11. It will then ask you:
Is this your agent: It should be showing Commercial Property Advisors LTD. Click 'yes'
Which properties would you like commercial properties to manage, click 'All'
Then click 'submit'
We now should be appointed as your agent for all your properties, please drop us an email or call to let us know. As we are your agent we can 'claim your properties' for you. However, to do so we would need your Government Gateway login details. Please let us know if you would like us to do this for you.